National Centre for Social Enterprises
The National Centre for Social Enterprises formed part of the National Board of Social Services - an independent subdivision under the Ministry of Children, Gender Equality, Integration and Social Affairs until June 28th 2015.
The National Centre for Social Enterprises will shortly move to Ministry of Business and Growth Denmark.
The centre aims at:
- Making it easy for social enterprises to contact and cooperate with the public authorities;
- Strengthening the business foundation for social enterprises and entrepreneurs by providing guidance on the establishment, operation and development of their social enterprises;
- Providing knowledge about social enterprises to partners and stakeholders in the public, private and third sectors;
- Working strategically for improved cooperation between social enterprises and public authorities; and
- Collecting, on an ongoing basis, and sharing knowledge, e.g. through socialvirksomhed.dk – the board's shared public portal for and about social enterprises.
Read more about the tasks:
Cooperation across public and private sectors
The National Centre for Social Enterprises works closely together with public stakeholders relevant to the area:
- Ministry of Employment
- Danish Business Authority
- Local authorities
- Business services
- Job centres
- Regions, etc.
The ongoing contact allows the centre to provide qualified guidance and coordinate activities for social enterprises. The centre also has a strong network among the many other stakeholders working in the field of social enterprises – from knowledge and educational institutions to private consultants, investors, committees and boards, entrepreneurs and private companies.